Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Theresa M Hom has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM
- Weight Loss
- Imagery (Psychotherapy)
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Holistic Health
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 14
I thought Dr. Hom would be a fresh breath of air after reading the reviews on this website. But she really was just another doctor. She's not unfriendly but not particularly nice either. She does spend a lot of time with you, and that's nice. But it didn't really seem to matter as she did not really pay attention to my concerns and ultimately I left without knowing any more about what is wrong with me than when I came in.
I have gone to Dr. Hom several times over the last 15 years. Each time she successfully treated the issue. She sends me copies of lab reports with letters and phone calls if necessary. After sending me the most recent lab report that showed all was well, she included a card wishing me the best of health. She supported me when I wanted to try a wholistic approach to an issue, including calling me and even helping with the research on the issue. I have never met a doctor who is this supportive. I consider her a highly skilled and compassionate doctor. I have recommended her to a lot of people.
34 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Theresa M Hom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsStill Center Integrative Medicine, 1000 High St Ste I, Columbus, OH
Dr. Theresa M Hom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.