Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Theresa Koppie
Dr. Theresa Koppie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Urology. Dr. Koppie is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Portland, University of California Davis Medical Center and OHSU Hospital. Dr. Koppie has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Theresa Koppie has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Theresa Koppie has the following 11 expertise
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Kidney Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Penis Cancer (Penile Neoplasm)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Urogenital Cancer (Genitourinary)
Dr. Theresa Koppie is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 35
She is very caring, very easy to like.
I visited Dr Koppie at OHSU. She put me at ease in discussing delicate matters (for me) and I consider her knowledge extremely important and vital. I scheduled for a follow up on blood test to find she had disappeared from OHSU without a trace and no announcement or follow through from OHSU. Very sad, she would be my doctor of choice.
Dr. Koppie treated my bladder cancer at UC Davis in 2009. I followed her to OHSU, and to Providence Hospital in Portland Oregon. I have personally transported two friends with bladder and prostate cancer to her. You could not wish for a more knowledgable, skilled, personable, caring doc. Go for it guys. Trust my words.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Koppie is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Portland
University of California Davis Medical Center
20 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1993
University Of California At San Francisco
Dr. Theresa Koppie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsOhsu Center for Health & Healing, 3303 SW Bond Ave, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Theresa Koppie in this video.
Dr. Theresa Koppie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.