Dr. Theresa Peet Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Theresa Peet?

Best Doctor Around

Posted on January 29th, 2016

I really like Dr Peet,she's very nice and thorough. She asks about when the last time you had your eyes checked, saw your gyn and had your pap smear. She makes sure you keep up with all your other doctors. and she really cares about you and your health, your not just another person or patient to her. She wants to help you and do whats best for you. It's hard to find a doctor as nice as she is and that cares as much as she does. I would highly recommend her. I am so happy I found her.

Very, very good doctor

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

A very through doctor who pays intense attention t patients concerns

Saved my life

Posted on October 7th, 2014

about 8 years ago I was first diagnosed with diabetes, and as many, was not giving my condition the proper seriousness. Dr. Peet changed all that, she even called me on a Saturday to check on my blood levels. I like her directness and the fact that she listens to what I have to say. I have never had any problem with the office staff and find them helpfull. Recently my place of employment (university in Baltimore changed insurance plans). I was planning on paying out of pocket rather than changing!!! Dr. Peet, thank you and your staff for their concern

Posted on January 12th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Peet for several years, (>5) and I am a Registered Nurse. I have just chosen a new docctor as I have the same complaint as many others who have given reviews here. Her desk staff member, (1 only) is incredibly rude. This is a shame because all you need is 1 bad experience to sour you to something. Health care is so expensive these days, no one wants to voluntarily put themselves in an unpleasant situation.

Posted on November 26th, 2013

This Doctors office is unfortunate. The lady at the front desk sorely lacks customer service skills. She's rude, unorganized and hostile. She refuses to make exceptions when circumstances call for flexibility and gives the air that the office is desperate for money. This office lacks the technology to take payment over the phone and insist that payments be made by check or money order even in this age of Paypal or other 3rd party payment applications that would be more convenient for the. They also have to out source all X-rays and Lab test because there is no equipment on site. If Dr. Peet has any interest in customer retention, this office needs to step into the times and fire the off-putting, offensive lady at the front desk. I wont be returning.

I won't be returning

Posted on November 1st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Peet on and off for about 4 years or so. The care I received was ok, but I do feel that Dr. Peet was always in a hurry in the treatment room. Most of the time she would look down at the chart, ask question after question while her pen wrote frantically. It almost seemed mechanical, and not really warm or caring. Thank goodness I don't have any serious medical issues, so I mainly saw her for physicals or check-ups. The main reason I will not be returning is the staff. Mainly one person. She has been there quite a while and seems to run the front desk. She is very rude and abrupt. I work for a dentist, and even though I may have a personality clash with someone, I always treat them with kindness and respect because they are the ones that are really paying my salary.

Happy to have found such a caring doctor

Posted on September 5th, 2013

My doctor retired from practice so I needed to find a new doctor. A friend recommended Dr. Peet and spoke highly of her. After two visits to Dr. Peet's office, I completely agree with my friend's opinion of her. Dr. Peet is caring, warm, easy to talk and explained my medical challenges very clearly. She reviewed my chart in the room with me so I knew everything she had noted on my previous visit and could then note any changes in my condition as well her recommended treatment. I felt we were partners in my care and that I could talk to her about anything. I highly recommend Dr. Peet to anyone looking for a doctor who truly cares about the patient and will take the time to answer all of your questions. I'm very happy to have her as my new doctor.

Who Is This Person?

Posted on April 23rd, 2013

I just moved back to this area after having been away for many years. Dr. Peet was my doctor long ago when she was first starting out. I saw her when she was in Bel Air and followed her to Balt. county. At that time, she was amazing. A tad overworked... perhaps. But caring, compassionate and patient. I found this site while looking for a new doctor since I've returned to MD. I'm shocked by all I've read. These reviews sound like another person entirely. I know she had a tough time starting her own office and some pretty rough personal battles... but that was long ago. Could she have changed so much?

Expect unnecessary testing and surprise charges

Posted on April 5th, 2013

I went in for a Wellness Visit, and made this very clear to her staff (They kept pressing me for a copay). There is no co pay for a Wellness Visit. During the appointment she gave me this spirometry test (I had a cough but no trouble breathing or anything of the sort), and said everything looked fine. THEN she looked into my nose and throat and said "aah yes I see inflammation--you have allergies...flonase." Shouldn't she have looked FIRST instead of giving me a spirometry test, which by the way she didn't even mention would be an extra charge, so basically now she's getting paid double by administering an unnecessary test. And when I ask about the bill --HER BILLING COMPANY DOESN'T GET BACK TO YOU AND THEIR VOICE MAIL WILL BE FULL SO YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE--HER FRONT DESK IS COMPLETELY CLUELESS AND TELL YOU CALL LATER AND SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO IS NOT THERE (THAT WAY YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LEAVE OR CALL LATER AND THEY DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOU--AND SHE DR. PEET HERSELF--AND I QUOTE "DON'T HAVE TIME TO ANSWER BILLING QUESTIONS". So basically you will be screwed. Additionally, since this is a new patient visit, it was longer. Instead of taking her time, she ran in and out of my room so many times because she was seeing other patients in between so I didn't get the attention that I needed. Needless to say this was my first and last visit.

Posted on August 24th, 2012

Mrs. Peet been in my life for 7yrs and i truly can say it's been a blessing

Kicked out of practice

Posted on August 9th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Peet for 5 years. I liked her because I prefer a female and her location was convenient. She also seemed to genuinely care. I saw Dr Peet for several reasons on a regular basis; hypertension, pneumonia/ bronchitis, depression/ anxiety, among other things. She always seemed to need a full history everytime I saw her as if she didn't recall and never took the time to read my chart prior entering my exam room. I had to constantly correct her on my medical history. Appointments always felt very rushed, even though I was usually there early, sometimes even before either her or any staff, as I like to go first thing in the morning. Front office staff was never friendly, in fact, often rude. Recently, due to financial reasons I had to cancel a follow-up appointment for my hypertension and did not give a full 24 hour notice. It was the day before, however. I then get a bill for a $25 "no show" fee, which I refused to pay. I was pretty upset considering I had even cried to her during one of my appointments that I was struggling through life and finances were a big factor. At the time she seemed very sympathetic. A month later I get another bill, with another $5 late fee tacked on. The last letter I receieved was a notification that my account was sent to collections (now $50, for no services)and that I have 30 days to find a new doctor! Gladly...and thank you very much!

Doctor's Response

Dear Sir/Madam, I was just made aware of this website, hence the delayed response for which I apologize. The practice's stated policy is that a 24 hour notice is required on cancellations or a missed appointment fee of $25 is charged to a patient's account. This policy has been posted at the front desk since 2005 and all patients are given a copy of it in writing at their first appointment. In addition, the policy is repeated verbally when reminder calls are made. The missed appointment fee was instituted so that patients who need to be seen could be seen in a timely fashion. Before this policy there were some days when we thought we had a full schedule and made some patients wait until the next day, yet several patients would not show up and not bother to call. I would like to point out that many doctor's office charge $75/ missed appointment. We charge less as we are only trying to encourage patients to be courteous and not trying to make a profit on these fees. Missed appointment fees are charged to accounts automatically when these events happen. Each monthly statement restates our financial policy that is also posted at our front desk. Account balances that are neither paid nor has the patient called to make a hardship payment plan are assigned a late fee of $5 every 30 days. Only after 120 days of no payment, no call to arrange a payment plan are accounts sent to collections and those patients are then discharged from the practice. These policy was instituted after observing that we spent over $10,000/year by repeatedly billing patients for the same amounts (usually low sums of less than $100) without most of them bothering to even call and request a hardship payment plan. Most offices have versions of these policies for the same reasons. Studies reveal that on average public will pay their cable T.V. bill, before their doctor bills. We have never sent ANYONE to collections who has asked for more time to pay his or her bill. Sincerely, Theresa M. Peet, M.D.

Do NOT waste your money or time! Poor Dr.

Posted on August 2nd, 2012

Very displeased. I am a professional and pray I never leave a.yone feeling the I felt when I left this office. This Dr. was abrupt and rude. My initial exam with her was very basic. She asked me what I wanted done rather then giving me professional advise as to what she would recommend. I never saw her wash her hands or use any type of hand sanitizer before entering the room and she came in three times. She took about 2 1/2 sec. to check for melanoma on my body before she got side tracked by the underwear I was wearing. She than pulled my underwear

Doctor's Response

I am truly sorry that you were unhappy with your visit. I just became aware of this site recently, hence the delayed response. I would like to clarify a few points. As far as asking "what (you) wanted done." Clearly I needed to communicate better what I meant. Sometimes patients come in wanting a full preventive care physical, sometimes with a gyn component, other times not, still other times they are just interested in addressing a particular problem at that visit. Various patients have insurance coverage for only sick visits, while others have only coverage for physicals. I usually do tell patients, after we address what they came in for, what other services I think they should consider in the near future. As far as washing my hands: I can assure you that I do wash my hands after touching any patient's skin, hair or nails. As a primary care physician, I see a wide range of visits. There are times that I, for instance, counsel someone on smoking cessation or discuss anxiety medication in a follow up appointment. Appointments such as these do not call for a physical examination beyond an observation of the patient's emotional state so no touching is involved. There are still other visits such as looking at a rash that I put gloves on for and never make contact with the patient's skin. Gloves are taken off in a fashion that allows us not to touch the outside of the glove at any point (inside out). I have found that in my early years, washing my hands over 30 times a day led to open sores on my hands. I believe my current routine is more sanitary. Furthermore, I need to remember that appearances count, as I usually wash my hands in my private staff bathroom at the end of the hall to avoid splashing water on charts. So this is probably not the best idea as then patients don't see me do it. As far as "pulling underwear:" I am so sorry if I didn't verbalize, as I usually think I do, that I want to make sure that I do not miss a melanoma hidden under a bra line or a panty line before I moved your clothing. I am surprised that I didn't verbalize this. I wonder if I may have assumed that because you are a "professional" (I don't know if that means in health care?) that you knew want my concern was. Truly my concern was making sure I did not miss a lesion that could be hurtful to you down the road. Again, I am sorry you had a negative experience and I wish you well. Sincerely, Theresa M. Peet, M.D.