Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Therese K Hughes has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 24
It has been some time since I have seen Dr. Hughes, but I felt it was important to write a review to help others when making a decision on choosing a doctor. She performed surgery on me and it resulted in post pain for several years after the surgery. When I had my follow up visit and told her about the pain the first thing she did is deny that it was anything she did and defend herself instead of trying to help me figure out why I was having this pain. Soon after that I stopped seeing Dr. Hughes. I was very disappointed.
My baby just has her 1yr birthday. I finally decide to let people know what Dr. Hughes has done to me. I was badly hurt by her, and I realize someone must stand up and stop her from continuing putting mom & babyâs life in danger because of her low skills and irresponsibility. I was scheduled for induction at my 41 week since I was overdue. Three days just before my scheduled induction, I was having my last cervic check with Dr. Hughes. It was my first cervic check with her (I already have several cervic checks with the other doctors), and it was definitely a torture! Her fingers inside brought me so much pain! It shouldnât be that painful! A long time later she pulled her figure out and told me she was STRETCHING my cervix. It was supposed a routine cervic check. She never told me she was going to STRETCH, and she never get my permission!!!!!! Around twenty minuets later, I feel there was a few amount of liquid coming out while I was having the heartbeat monitoring. I asked her whatâs wrong with me, and she said:â oh I may broke your water bag.â She inserted two big pipes into my cervix again and obtained some liquid mixed with blood. She looked those liquid without any further examination. She first told me âNegativeâ twice; then she told me she was not sure. She sent me back home around 1pm since she was not sure, even the leaking wonât stop. Around 8 pm that day, my family and I decided we should go to emergency and double check because it keeps leaking few amount each time. The nurse there confirmed me and I were accepted immediately. I was supposed to have induction with another doctor (Dr. Kim) three days later. Because of Dr.Hughesâs âstretching cervixâ without getting permission, I was sent to emergency without any preparation. On my way to emergency that night, I called her several times, but she never call back. This is a horrible experience. There is no reason for her to stretching my cervic unless she wants to deliver for me to get more payment, or she just uses me as a mouse for experiment. She drags down the professional level of Dr. Richardâs practice team in Highland Park Hospital. She definitely ruined the reputation of the whole team.
Eleven years ago, Dr. Hughes examined me and later contacted me to let me know that I had uterine cancer (stage III). I was frightened. However, she contacted Dr. Herbert H. Beck, III, a cancer surgeon and suggested I meet with him. He performed the surgery. On the day of surgery I was very happy to see Dr. Hughes who was present during the surgery. Dr. Hughes is a very caring physician and she referred me to a wonderful surgeon. I regret not thanking her for all of her help when I was scared and uncertain about how to proceed.
23 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
St Francis Hospital
Dr. Therese K Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Therese K Hughes in this video.
Dr. Therese K Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Highland Park, IL.