Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thieu M Do has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Showing 3 of 3
My loved one was a patient at the hospital under the care of this doctor. Dr.Do was paged several times because the patient was unresponsive and it took him 8 hours to show at the hospital. He stood at the door and I told him to just do anything to save the patient's life but he rolled his eyes and told me that there is nothing he can do. He was so cold and I didnt feel I was talking to a doctor who is suppose to do everything to save a patient's life rather I felt I was talking to an undertaker who is waiting for the patient to die. I told him to do an MRI or ctscan because am worried the patient might have a stroke he told me not important let the patient sleep until morning even if he had stroke we are not going to do imaging .just let him until morning. I do not recommend him. He is heartless. The next day my loved one was dying and nurses were trying to do CPR for him. He stood at the door and in a sarcastic way kept telling the nurses let me know when you get tired from this patient. I lost my loved one.
27 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1991
Maine Medical Center
Dr. Thieu M Do accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInova Fairfax Hospital, 3300 Gallows Rd, Falls Church, VA
Dr. Thieu M Do is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Falls Church, VA.