Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thinh V Nguyen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 8
Worst doctor ever. Do not waste your time. The entire staff is incredibly rude and makes it apparent that they are only interested in getting you in and out as fast as possible, no doubt in order to collect insurance money. They speak very poor English despite the fact that they claim to speak perfect English, which is a huge issue when dealing with medical issues. They tried giving me the completely wrong test on multiple occasions because they didn't understand me. I will never go back to this doctor again.
I am writing this for my father who is 86 years old with limited English. Dr. Thinh is my father PCP for quite a long time. Due to his age and his illness, my father is getting help from the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program. To be eligible, a form must be completed by a physician. Last year at the renewal, my father gave the form to Dr. Thinh office around last week of Dec 2012. The form was due to the IHSS by Jan 30, 2013. My father followed up with the office and get promised that the form would be completed. Guess what! It is now past due and when my father went to see him. His answer was simple, he does not want to do it!. I know the doctor time is very "valuable" but I believe it would not take that long to take care of his patient. I believe a doctor should be responsible to take care of his/her patient. This! I do not see it is the case of Dr. Thinh. Besides, he should be responsible with his promise. If he cannot or does not want to complete the form for my father, then just let my father knows so my father can ask a different physician. Dr. Thinh just does not even consider this and now the form is past due! This will be a complicate situation for my father. He will need to make a trip to the Social office to explain why it is past due and wait for the review. How can he manage during this time without somebody come in to help him with his illness during the review process. This whole thing would not happen if Dr. Thinh would spend probably five minutes of his time.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Thinh V Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThinh V Nguyen Md, 2470 Alvin Ave Ste 70, San Jose, CA
Dr. Thinh V Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.