Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thirunavukarasu Skantharoopan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I would never recommend any person to see this doctor. he was very dismissive,would not listen to patients long extended history in regards to being poisoned in Desert Storm,who then gets cancer,had a stem cell transplant,chemo,full body radiation,develops avascular necrosis (which this dr didn't know what that was). Without the knowledge this doctor makes a determination to stop a patients medication (which the patient has been on for over 12 years and has given him a quality of life) cold turkey because he "believes" he can save the patient without medication. He accused the patient whom he only met for the first time as an addict and said he is doping. I was disgusted with this doctor and how in one moment changed the life of a disabled veteran who in over 12 years of taking the approved, required medication that has been prescribed by his doctors who never once abused his medication and not once ever tested positive for illegal street drugs. This doctor made a request to taper off medication with a 7 day supply to a patient who has been on same medication for over 12 years which is a death sentence for this patient. This dr saw the patients went through major anxiety attack when he was told his medication was going to be stopped and this idiot of a doctor didn't care at all. Again I was disgusted with this doctor and he should be investigated for malpractice on a patient.
Family medicine may be great but taking care of veterans is another story. This Dr. is very slow in refilling meds and woefully slow on follow up care. As a VA doc I have no confidence in him,but I am stuck with him. Things that should take a day or two to do end up taking weeks and constant prodding to get things done.
Dr. Skantharoopan has been my G.P. for the last nine years and I've never had any problems with him. He always takes the time to talk about my issues, and has a good clear head for what to do. The meds he's prescribed for me have never given me any adverse side effect, even when he was tinkering with the dosage. I can't ask any more from a doctor than that.
31 Years Experience
Kilpauk Medical College
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Thirunavukarasu Skantharoopan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPhoenix Va Medical Center, 650 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Thirunavukarasu Skantharoopan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.