Dr. Thomas Abel Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Abel?

Excellent doctor

Posted on August 17th, 2017

He was extremely competent and immediately handled my medical concerns. He was also patient and explained everything I needed to know. He called me personally after our appointment to explain my test results, which rarely happens with other doctors. I would 100% return to him - I was very impressed.

Rude Doctor who treats patients as inferior human beings.

Posted on July 13th, 2017

Definitely Not Recommended

Posted on July 6th, 2014

Unhelpful, uncaring and woefully out of date with his medicine. Provides the most minimal of diagnostics and treatments. Treatments provided were aimed at covering up symptoms rather than preventing future joint damage. I spent months trying to work with him and it was a huge waste of time and money. He's also arrogant and can be rude. I would be okay with his personality deficits if he actually provided me with a diagnosis or, at the least, some reasonable treatments. If you want at good attempt at an accurate diagnosis, a doctor who knows his medicine and you want reasonable treatments that will work to help prevent future joint damage, I cannot recommend this doctor. If you want inadequate treatment, an uncaring doctor and you enjoy being treated dismissively, this is the guy for you. Overall, I think he just needs to retire and the sooner the better.

Cannot Recommend

Posted on October 14th, 2013

Dr. Abel seemed very disinterested in helping me. He was pretty dismissive of my symptoms, didn't listen to what I was saying and jumped to conclusions. When the treatments he gave me didn't help, he didn't seem interested in trying something else. What treatments he did want to prescribe were those which would cover up the problem (cover up the symptoms) and not anything that would treat the underlying problem and prevent future joint damage. His understanding of medicine seems very out of date and I think he could use some serious continuing education both in general medicine and in rheumatology. Overall, I spent several months trying to work with him and get some help and it was just a frustrating waste of my time and money. He did very minimal diagnostics (and didn't seem interested in working to provide me with an actual diagnosis) and provided me with minimal, ineffective, treatments. Finally, I have to say that I just didn't like him as a person, either. I found him to be pretty arrogant and rather rude. I'd be okay with those personality deficits if he actually provided me with a diagnosis and did his best to treat me, but, he didn't. Overall, I would not recommend him as a doctor.

Don't waste your time with this sarcastic, uncaring doctor!

Posted on October 12th, 2011