Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Amason Jr
Dr. Thomas Amason Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Amason is affiliated with Brookwood Medical Center, St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital and Trinity Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Amason Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Amason is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Brookwood Medical Center
St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
Trinity Medical Center
Children's Hospital of Alabama
47 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Amason Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3401 Independence Dr, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Thomas Amason Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.