Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas C Appleby
Dr. Thomas C Appleby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery. Dr. Appleby is affiliated with East Cooper Regional Medical Center and Roper Hospital. Dr. Appleby has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas C Appleby has the following 1 specialty
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Thomas C Appleby has the following 5 expertise
- Varicose Veins
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Showing 5 of 18
Abrupt and dismissive
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas C Appleby - Posted on August 9th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas C Appleby - Posted on July 12th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas C Appleby - Posted on March 3rd, 2017
i wanted to see a doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas C Appleby - Posted on May 30th, 2013
I was referred to Dr Appleby for vein surgery. After two visits with his PA, I was scheduled for VNUS procedure and told that he would see me at the procedure. That is not what I expected. I wanted to see him. I left the office and saw another vascular surgeon in Chartleston who found that my leg pain was from a back problem. I did not need vein surgery. I needed back surgery which Dr Cuddy did and helped me.
I won't go there again
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas C Appleby - Posted on November 17th, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Appleby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Thomas C Appleby accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCOASTAL VASCULAR AND VEIN CENTER, 1327 Ashley River Rd Ste B, Charleston, SC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas C Appleby, MD - Vascular Surgery in Charleston, SC, in this video.
Dr. Thomas C Appleby is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Charleston, SC.