Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas L Applin has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Thomas L Applin has the following 11 expertise
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
Dr. Thomas L Applin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Applin - Posted on January 25th, 2018
Not helpful, and rather damaging, actually. Applin seemed unable to shake his stereotypes of my son, a Latino. Perhaps he thought he was "relating". If so, wow, did he misread my son. My son has no interest in "low riders"! Not only was this not applicable to therapy, it was pretty insulting - - and wasteful of my son's time, and Applin's fees to us.
Deliberate and thorough
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Applin - Posted on February 4th, 2017
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas L Applin Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Thomas L Applin's office for more information.
4701 Willard Ave Ste 212 Chevy Chase, MD : (301) 986-0086
Locations & DirectionsGOLDSTEIN HANDLER & WHITE, 4701 Willard Ave Ste 212, Chevy Chase, MD
Dr. Thomas L Applin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chevy Chase, MD.