Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas B Williamson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas B Williamson has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 10
I called the Doctors office 1 week after seeing him he gave me meds that didn't work .I called 3 or 4 times and left messages for his nurse when she did call back eather her or dr.couldnt give me any answers about why I was in so much pain no one called back to tell me what was wrong or weight I could take getting back with me they are terrible and now it's been 3 weeks no call back with answers yet I'm going to a new Doctor.
I was referred to Dr. Williamson by the local hospital for a chronic GI issue. First visit went okay, though he didn't seem to offer any options other than pain medication, which is required anyway for my condition. I left the visit with a follow-up scheduled and under the impression he would be treating me, but when I called a month later to get the expected refill, I was told by his receptionist that he didn't treat pain and there would be none. She even treated me with doubt and suspicion and was ignorant of my condition's symptoms, which left me feeling extremely insulted. I had to find another doctor ASAP as this was totally unexpected, and spent several days in severe pain waiting to be seen by someone else, who thankfully began treating me properly. Kept the follow-up anyway and found him to be unhelpful. I can't say how he is with other conditions, but if you have any illness in which chronic pain is a symptom, I would not recommend. Very inconsistent and unprofessional practice,
everything seemed ok. the rooms are very small. My biggest issue with dr. williamson is that when he checked my tummy area and my groin area there was not an assistant nurse in the room with him. Ithought all female patients were supposed to have a nurse in the room whenever there is any touching going on.
Dr. Williamson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Thomas B Williamson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsThomas Bright Williamson Md, 1303 Monument Sq, Camden, SC
Dr. Thomas B Williamson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Camden, SC.