Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas C Baldacchino
Dr. Thomas C Baldacchino, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Baldacchino is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Lakeway. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas C Baldacchino has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. B has been my cardiologist for approximately 35 + years. I first saw him because I had a family history of heart problems and was concerned about staying on top of the situation. He has been a wonderful Dr. and friend throughout these many years and I feel he has done a great job. I would highly recommend him. Excellent knowledge, skills, up-to-date on medical advances and great bedside manner to boot.
Wait time to see the Dr. Can be really long. Usually it is because he is handling emergencies in the Hospital next door. I found this annoying at first until I was in the ER next door at St. David's and he had Marcy (his PA) come see me while I was still in the ER. I have no doubt that if I would have needed him, she would have called him and he would have dropped everything to come help. I wasn't in that bad of shape so he did wait till after hours before checking on me. It definitely put a new perspective on those long waits in the office to see him.
I have been seeing Dr. Baldacchino for about 4 years. On EVERY office visit, I have had to wait an hour or more before seeing the doctor. Several times I have had to leave the exam room to find Dr. Baldacchino and explain that if I wasn't seen immediately, I would have to leave. On two visits I did leave, because the wait was too long and I had other obligations.Dr. Baldacchino is an excellent Cardiologist, I respect him for this and the thoroughness of his exams. However, I am not willing or able to sit in is office for hours when the actual exam only takes 10 - 15 minutes.
Dr. Baldacchino is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Seton Hall University
Dr. Thomas C Baldacchino accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas Charles Baldacchino Md, 200 Medical Pkwy Ste 370, Austin, TX
Dr. Thomas C Baldacchino is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.