Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Baranski has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas J Baranski has the following 12 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 8
I've seen Dr. Baranski three times for the same issue. He seems to be a very competent doctor. Unlike most doctors in my experience he is easy to talk to and he listens well. He responds to patient portal e-mail with thorough responses rather than the 3 word responses many doctors give. For me he was really a breath of fresh air: courteous, professional, more thorough than most. He also seemed pretty tuned into understanding the impact of health problems on patients lives. More than once he respoinded to e-mailed questions from me even when he was on vacation. He seems quite well suited to his occupaction. I wish there were more doctors like him in the world.
Dr. Baranski has been my endocrinologist for seven years. With his caring treatment I have been able to lower my A1C from over 13 to below 7. He has always been very responsive to answering my occasional treatment questions between appointments (usually within an hour by e-mail even on the weekends). I am not there yet, but Dr. Baranski has been instrumental in me taking my life back. If you see this Dr. Baranski, thank you.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
26 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Thomas J Baranski accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWashington Univ-Medical School, 660 S Euclid Ave, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Baranski in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Baranski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.