The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Barbour III
Dr. Thomas Barbour III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mobile, AL, with another office in Mobile, AL. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Barbour is affiliated with USA CHILDRENS AND WOMENS HOSPITAL, Mobile Infirmary Medical Center and Providence Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Barbour III has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
Not only is Dr. Barbour the best at what he does, he is always there you when need him, and explains your injury/treatment in a way you can deal with it in your every day routine. You will find none better than Dr. Barbour! Don't waste your time looking. His nurse, Rebecca, is highly trained and always very helpful.
Supposedly a sports medicine doctor. Do NOT take your child to him. His professional opinion for my 13 yr old athletic son, after 9 months of being out of ALL sports, was to stay out another year and quit all throwing sports. He thought my son was a pitcher, which he's not. Very berating, argumentative, unprofessional and a severe cause of GOD-complex.
Dr. Barbour is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
South Baldwin Hosp
Mobile Infirmary Medical Center
Springhill Hospitals, Inc
29 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Barbour III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Barbour III in this video.
Dr. Thomas Barbour III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mobile, AL.