Dr. Thomas R Berentsen Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Thomas R Berentsen?

If you are looking for help...keep looking

My employer had recently changed our insurance to Dean. I suffer from Migraines, and was extremely excited to learn about the Headache Clinic in Janesville. I was able to get in fairly quickly, and my in office wait was not long at all. The Dr's nurse seemed very nice, however once the Doctor walked in, I knew I was going to get nowhere. The Doctor asked a few questions, and then changed all of my medications for my migraines. Since I have been seeing the doctor, I have been to the ER 4 times with migraines that will not be subsided. When I call the clinic for help, I am again referred to the ER. It feels like I am not believed in regards to my symptoms and pain. I was hoping for other ways to work through the migraines besides medication, however what I got was not only more medication, but medication that does not work, and a doctor that does not seem to care.

We are waisting his time

It was clear from the start when he made me wait an hour to see him while he stood outside the room talking that he didn't care. He clearly doesn't care about any patients he would ask me questions and ignore the answers then ask me again as if I never answered. He's rude and should be let go. After seeing him I cancelled my dean insurance and went back to Mercy where at least I don't have to deal with him. I've never been so mad about a doctor and he never tried to help me. Nothing he said was helpful at all. It's as if he wanted me to diagnose myself. Also, after the hour wait I didn't spend more than 10 minutes with him.

Will not explain anything will not listen to you

First visit was very positive seemed like a great Dr. Was told will have to wait a long time in the waiting room but he is worth the wait. Yea First appt was almost a 2hr wait! He told me I either had MS or Vasculitis and several test were needed. Went thru all the test return appt he was very short with me had no answers. Wouldn't answer any of my questions all he would say is well that doesn't show on your brain mri. He was rude acted like I was waisting his time. If you want a doctor that cares find someone else!!! Been dealing with this doctor for over 4 months and no answers.... Plus if you have pain dont even waist your time telling him because you will just get a blank look and a sholder shrug.

Dr. Berentsen is the Best !!

Dr. Berentsen is a very kind,patient and awesome doctor. He really LISTENS to you and doesnt make you feel like just a number.Sometimes the waitng ti ...

Want someone who listens? Keep looking.

Make sure whoever you get a referral from uses ALL relevant diagnoses on the referral. It's been my experience with MOST doctors at Dean is that they have the reason for referral listed as the reason for your visit and they will NOT deviate from that, no matter what you are saying. He completely ignored most of what I was saying, seemed to "give in" to doing testing, and completely ignored my totally abnormal neuro workup(I've had a few in the past, when everything has shown up normal, and this was the least thorough, and with flashing lights going off for me that something was seriously wrong.)

Worst "doctor" ever.

I have lived with an extremely painful, incurable neuromuscular condition for the past 17 years. The only recourse has been medication management. One month before relocating to Janesville, I made an appointment with Thomas Berentsen. Taking 5 different narcotics, I needed and received reassurance (3 times) by his nurse(s) that medication management would not be a problem.The day of my appointment I only had 3 days left of my medications. Two hours before my appt. I received a call from his office. I listened, shocked and horrified, being told my appointment had been cancelled. The reason? Thomas Berentsen didn't feel comfortable prescribing the same medications I'd been on for 17 years!!!1st, as a doctor, if that's his position on narcotic prescriptions, he shouldn't practice neurology. 2nd, to wait the day of the appt. to cancel, giving me no other recourse than to suffer, he is a doctor by a piece of paper only.Shame on you, MR Berentsen. I can only hope what comes around goes around.

great staff- quick service, caring individuals. They made this horrible time more tolerable.