Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Bernasek
Dr. Thomas L Bernasek, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Temple Terrace, FL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Bernasek is affiliated with Brandon Regional Hospital, Tampa General Hospital and St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Bernasek has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas L Bernasek has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 70
I have recently had a knee replacement performed by Dr. Bernasek. I chose him because of a few very strong and clear reasons: first of all, his great team that are all highly talented. Then, the excellent support provided by the front desk and the X-ray staff at FOI are continuously give me a great experience. Greetings and blessings to all of you guys.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2009, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2015, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Bernasek is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Thomas L Bernasek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFlorida Orthopedic Institute, 13020 N Telecom Pkwy, Temple Terrace, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas L Bernasek in this video.
Dr. Thomas L Bernasek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Temple Terrace, FL.