The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Berns
Dr. Thomas Berns, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI, with another office in Milwaukee, WI. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Berns is affiliated with Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Institute, Columbia St Marys Hospital Ozaukee and Columbia St Marys Hospital Milwaukee. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Berns has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Thomas Berns is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Had to come in for a closer diagnostic test of a questionable lesion on a Mamogram.I was more concerned than I thought I was going to be as I saw it too, and I originally thought it was a technician error.After the Mamo and Ultrasound, Dr Berns took me into the screening room and showed me the sequence of films and his thought process corresponding to what he saw. I was impressed that he took the time to explain verbally and visually...He was quite a gentleman as well.I did not use his office, but rather an outpatient Mamogram setup for which it was his day to cover, so I did not answer the first four questions
Dr. Berns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Institute
Columbia St Marys Hospital Ozaukee
Columbia St Marys Hospital Milwaukee
38 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1975
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Thomas Berns accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas Berns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.