Have you seen Dr. Thomas C Blevins?

Poor excuse for a specialist

Poor excuse for a specialist.

Piled one med on top of another as side effects kept popping up due to his initial, inaccurate diagnosis. Glad I stopped seeing him, and I am not and have been prescription free for several years after I dropped him. His SOP is to have RN's do all the work including diagnosis and he flies in for the last 3 minutes to bless everything and then leaves. Some doctor.

Great doctor, very patient and thorough

When I first tried to make an appointment with Dr. Blevins, I was told he wasn't accepting new patients. I had my endocrinologist at home (who was president of the endicrinologist association at one point) call in a referral and that was the only way I got in with him. So grateful that I did because now I know why he is so popular! I had just had surgery for thyroid cancer and Dr. Blevins was so patient and thorough in explaining to my husband and I all our options for doing the radioactive iodine or not. We decided that because the carcinomas were so small and no spreading had occurred, and because I was still breastfeeding, that I would not do the RAI right away. I was grateful that Dr. Blevins was open to the option of not over treating me and I found his staff all to be really courteous.

Production line medicine

First off - you rarely spend any time with the doctor. All of the initial visit is done with a nurse practitioner. She (in my case) gets the vitals, diagnoses the problem, drafts a treatment recommendation and then calls in Dr Blevins who just rubber stamps it. Worst experience in my life. I went into the doctor on a single med which was increased. Each successive visit I had developed problems and they just kept finding new drugs to put me on to counter whatever side effect I was experiencing. Within a few months I was on 5 meds. When they wrote me a script for my 6th med I bailed on this guy altogether. 5 years later, my overall health is much improved, I am off meds and I have no health problems; especially those induced by all the drugs I was placed on.I would not send my dog to see this guy.

Outstanding/Unbelievable

I have had diabetes for 37+ years, type 1. Sometimes I have felt like I was considerably more knowledgeable about my disease than my doctors were. Not with Dr. Blevins. He knows diabetes better than anyone I have ever met and stays up to date with the latest breakthroughs and tech. And he really, really cares. I recently completed a insulin drug study and was having problems. He called me at home and helped me work through my difficulties for over an hour. Once my primary care doc had called in my insulin but the Pharmacy wouldn't refill it because they couldn't read the dosages on the fax. Dr Blevins called the RX and got my insulin refilled at 9pm! I was completely amazed. It wouldn't surprise me if he can walk on water also.

Love Dr. Blevins

If you are fortunate enough to have Dr. Blevins as a doctor, count your blessings. It is a bit difficult to get an appointment, however he is worth is.

So glad to be his patient.

For the last 2 years of have struggled with an array of issues and although have been under the care of physicians, never felt they were concerned. After several broken bones, a ortho dr called Dr. Blevins to take me as a patient. I know that if there is anything that he can do to help he will. Although I am not glad to have broken yet another bone, I think it may have been a blessing in disguise.

Dr. Blevins is excellent - a great physician and a very caring person.

Dr. Thomas C Blevins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.

Dr. Thomas C Blevins Is this you?