Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III MD
Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Neuromuscular Medicine, Clinical Neurophysiology, Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Brannagan is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Nyp Columbia University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III has 2 locations
710 W 168th St Ste 246
New York, NY 10032
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III has the following 4 specialties
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Clinical Neurophysiology
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
wrong diagnoses -stay away--
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III - Posted on April 2nd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III - Posted on March 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III - Posted on April 15th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III - Posted on July 29th, 2013
After seeing 2 other neurologist a friend who is an MS doctor referred me to Dr. Brannagan. His recommendation was that Dr. Brannagan was the doctor who would be able to put all my medical information together and come up with a correct diagnosis and treatment plan. He absolutely did that and continues to help me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III - Posted on June 12th, 2012
Dr. Brannagan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III, MD - Neurology in New York, NY, in this video.
Dr. Thomas H Brannagan III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.