Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas R Buroker
Dr. Thomas R Buroker, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Buroker is affiliated with Yonker Memorial Rehabilitation Center and Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Buroker has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas R Buroker has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplant
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Buroker treated me like I was a member of his family. He made me feel very confident that I had chosen the right physician for my cancer treatment. He made me feel that I would be a survivor and the process of surgery, chemo. and radiation would likely go smoothly. I put all my trust in him and was never disappointed. I am two years out and feeling good about my prognosis. I would recommend him highly. I am sorry docs like this ever retire.
Not only is Dr. Buroker a special one-of-a-kind doctor, he is also a genuine man who deeply cares about his patients. When he's consulting/treating you, he's not thinking about anything else. He treats you like you're his only patient for the day. It's nearly impossible to leave his presence and not be inspired and encouraged about your future health. His nursing assistants are top notch also. The majority of his nurses have worked side-by-side with him for many many years -- they are family.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Buroker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
50 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1968
Harper Grace Hospital
Dr. Thomas R Buroker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Oncology And Hematology Associates, 1221 Pleasant St Ste 100, Des Moines, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas R Buroker in this video.
Dr. Thomas R Buroker is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.