Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas C Wascher has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Thomas C Wascher has the following 5 expertise
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Wascher & David Bonds are a fantastic team! I had Cervical stenosis myelopathy & Dr. Wascher preformed front & back neck surgery. David Bonds spent an hour after 5pm answering all my questions. I am half way through my recovery and finally after 7 years I am pain free, no longer need to take daily high doses of Aleve. My bowels and balance which I did not realize were affected from the spinal cord damaged have improved. I would not trusted anyone except Dr. Wascher to do this type of surgery
I really like that Dr. Wascher used to treat my younger brothers and that's probably the main reason I have him treating my children. As for the staff, I could go without their rude attitude and degrading comments!! I refused a vaccination and the office manager had to be called, which is fine. She overtalked me and the school nurse!! I really didn't believe that I had to go as far as calling the school nurse just so the office manager could believe that my child didn't need that particular vaccination! Despite the fact that I had an official immunization record, a letter from the school nurse, a copy of the school shot record, and a newsletter about the importance of vaccinations and a scheule of vaccinations.... Why all the drama?? That's not the half of it but I don't want to make this too long. I like Dr. Wascher but he needs a staff!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
48 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Austin Medical Education Program
Dr. Thomas C Wascher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBuena Vista Family Practice, 2221 Buena Vista St, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Thomas C Wascher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.