Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas J Cartwright
Dr. Thomas J Cartwright, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Cartwright is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas J Cartwright has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Dr. Thomas J Cartwright has the following 14 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Thomas J Cartwright has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas J Cartwright is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I found Dr. Cartwright to be unprofessional, rushed and quick to assume the cause of my problem with very little examination. I have a 40 year history of back and abdominal muscle problems that he had no interest in hearing about, and wouldn't discuss or even acknowledge my questions . He spent less than 2 minutes with me before he told me I had a pinched nerve and would need surgery. After an MRI, he left a 30 second voice message with no detail other than my spine was abnormal, I probably don't need surgery, I might want a steroid shot and his nurse would know what to do. I still don't have the slightest idea what's abnormal, what the ramifications may be and how a steroid shot would change anything. A nurse later told me he only works on spines, and maybe he's okay if YOU already know that's your problem, but I want a doctor who doesn't work backwards from the solution he wants.
I am very pleased with Dr. Cartwright, have seen him many times. He is so pleasant and friendly and will take time to discuss whatever I need to. For some unknown reason, the wait time has become very long (3 hours in lobby and then 1 hour in the exam room). I went to one of the other doctors there on a different date and had to wait about 2 1/2 hours in the lobby.
Dr. Cartwright is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Catholic Medical Center Of Brooklyn & Queens
Dr. Thomas J Cartwright accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKsf Orthopedic Center, 17270 Red Oak Dr Ste 200, Houston, TX
Dr. Thomas J Cartwright is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.