Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas Catalanotto has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
My journey with my daughter started several years ago with Dr. C. She was 3 years old and I was having problems with behavior and high energy. Upon examination, Dr. C. stated that she had a mood disorder and sent me to a psychiatrist buddy of his for an eval. The psychiatrist came back with Attachment Disorder after watching her play for 10 minutes and asking me some general questions about her moods. This is a disorder usually given to those who are abused or neglected intensely. If anything, my daughter was overly loved and given way too much attention. I was not happy with this diagnosis, so I began reading books about mood disorders and ADHD on my own. When discussing a book on ADHD with Dr. C., I pointed out that my daughter was a mirror to the symptoms in the book. He told me that I was doing too much research and, because of this, most likely causing the issues in my daughter by increasing her anxiety level. My daughter was 3, she had no idea what I was reading or researching and took little interest in it. After pulling my daughter's file from their office, after that visit, and finding another doctor, it turns out that my daughter does not have Attachment Disorder, a mood disorder, or bipolar (another diagnosis flung at us), but ADHD and a severe sensitivity to artificial food colorings and flavorings. The level of care seemed to be lessened with the intent on getting a friend more clients; the level of compassion and understanding did not exist that was needed in such case, and don't even think of doing your own research or contradicting the doctor on your own accord. He seems to like being questioned on his knowledge or on his guessing what is wrong.
Dr. Catalanotto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Good Samaritan Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital
46 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Childrens Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Catalanotto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFairfield Health Services Inc, 5502 Dixie Hwy, Fairfield, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Catalanotto in this video.
Dr. Thomas Catalanotto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfield, OH.