Dr. Thomas Cooke Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Cooke?

Kicked out for crying

Posted on February 23rd, 2017

I have had life long issues with my digestion and bowels. When I went in for help because I can barely eat or go potty due to colon deformitys, that make travel impossible and requested a specialist closer to home(rather than Portland) he told me I had seen "enough" doctors and to go home and live with it. I started to tear up and begged, that I just want to be able to eat and go potty, he told me I was gonna have to leave his office and not come back. Seriously, just like that. I was being polite and useing manners too. I cryed all the way home and 3 days after that. I am 5ft 3in and now only weigh 85 ibs. I could not believe he spoke to me like that. It was cruel and heartbreaking. He is a mean mean man. What if was him, or his child.....I cant believe he is still aloud to be a so called doctor. God has a special place for "people" like him.

Posted on December 1st, 2015

He is THE best Doctor I have ever had the pleasure to see. It is so rare in this day and age to find one that really listens and honestly cares. I thank our Lord above that he is my Doctor!!

Avoid Like the Plague

Posted on March 20th, 2015

Dr Cooke is rude, arogant, incompetent, and should hang up his stethoscope. He never uses it anyway. He stands across the room from you and spouts off nonsense. I had a middle finger suddenly become extremely painful, swollen, feverish, and turn black. I had done nothing to injure it, I woke up with it like this. After several days of trying home remedies, I reluctantly went to see him. Reluctant because he doesn't listen, and hadn't done anything helpful about anything I'd seen him for in 2 years. (Small town, not many doctors to choose from.) This appointment was a complete waste of time and money. He stood across the room, hands behind back, and proclaimed I had a blood blister. I tried to explain it wasn't and why, but he kept shaking his head and insisting it was a blood blister, and basically told me to quit whining and get over it. Another health provider found an ingrown finger nail, removed it, and it then started to heal! I'm diabetic, this should have been a red flag to him. I'm changing to a new primary, so I got my records from Cooke's office. His entry for the visit claims he examined my INDEX finger...he even got the wrong finger. There are many other inaccuracies in his office notes too, which just further goes to prove he doesn't listen. Diabetes uncontrolled? Instead of trying other medications, he just says increase insulin every 2 days. He's never even examined my feet, all prior doctors do the pinprick test at least once a year, not him. He's the worst doctor I've ever encountered, and if you plan to live, don't go to him.

Patent

Posted on February 19th, 2013

On my last visit to Dr. Cooks office . I was treated very bad by his office lady and him. His office lady was very shory with me when I asked why I was not the first patient to be seen that morning. According to there standard procedure the first patent to arrive in the morning sees the doctor first and that morning I was the first to arrive. She replied with a very firm don't worry you'll get to see the Dr. Today. She handed the other numbers and headed to her counter. I couldn't believe the way she treated me. As I walked to my seat I said In absolute shock at her actions. " Wow that was B---S--- not abbreviated". She turned and told me that I could not say that word in here I needed to stop cussing. I told her that I used the word correctly. And that she was not being nice to me and that I would be speeking to the Dr. About it. She then went somewhere in the back I know now to tell her side of the story first to him. She came back out and call me in. When The Dr. Came in I tryed to tell him what had happened and he started yelling at me that he would not allow me to cuss in his office and that if i dident like it I would just have to find another Dr. I tried again to explane and he yell In YOUR Opinion. I was so upset I could hardly speek. He was very cold to me and made me feel as if I was a peace of trash. When I left the office I was so devastated I was shaking and crying I don't even remember the drive home. It took till the late afternoon to be able to talk with out sobbing. I will never forget how I was treated by them. And I dont know if I will ever trust a Dr. Again. BTW. The deffanition for "B---S--- Is unacceptable behavior. Look it up

Does not really care, anymore

Posted on May 4th, 2011

Did not spend enough time with patient. Going over test results etc. Follow up appt's should be used to go over test results and such that were ordered from previous visit. Does not order any testing just prescribes medication. Does not take the time to really get to know the patient's problems/symptoms. Because of not properly following up from the doctor this can contribute in patient's death.

danger

Posted on January 26th, 2011

Cooke is a drug dr. The death rate of his patients is high because they die of cancer or diabetic complications, undiagnosed because he just covers the symptoms with pain pills, gets the patient hooked so they keep coming back. He has been kicked off DSHS for being a bad DR.

Posted on April 13th, 2010

Great doctor

in a big hurry to see next patient

Posted on April 15th, 2009

I felt I was rushed, he was in a big hurry to get to the next patient.

Posted on October 18th, 2016