Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas Cowan has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 11
I have consulted with dr Cowan for many years. Since 2000. I got to have a in person appointment last spring of 2017. I wish I could have him as my doctor locally. He is very calm, very focused very knowledgeable. No matter how scary a situation can be he has ideas that give u hope and don’t freak you out. Highly recommend if u live locally and if afar for second opinions or just input for consulting health concerns
Dr Cowan helped me get back on my feet after a heart attack. I consider him a genius, though the principles are simple. Every day of full activity without drugs is a miracle. Not only am I far more healthy because of his treatment but my wife also! That is due to the diet he suggested. He is a wholistic doctor in a world of specialists. He can connect the parts.
Dr. Cowan diagnosed my Mom and told her to get to emergency as soon as possible. He saved her life. He also recommended an alternative to prednisone which the City of Hope never did. He cares, he is well read, and he truly follows the hippocratic oath which includes "first do no harm." Incredible physician.
29 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Wilson Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Cowan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFour Fold Healing, 661 Chenery St, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Thomas Cowan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.