Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas Damato has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 37
In my experiences with Dr. D'Amato, I have found myself in a much more stable and well mannered state than before I found him. When I first called him, he answered me and told me that he would be happy to see me and accommodate my needs. His staff is very polite, and he, himself, is a great listener. And he knew everything about my case, and prescribed me medications that have helped me tremendiously and explained to me what each one was for. He is well dressed, has a bright personality, and a beautiful smile. He is respected by all his patients. He treats all that need his care, ranging from young children to LGBTQ patients. I would definitely recommend anyone who needs psychiatric help to see him. In my visits with him, I have learned that he works at a few different locations. He runs his practice in Bayonne, works at the clinic in Christ Hospital, treats Alzheimer's patients in Staten Island, and works in a school in South Jersey. He is one of the top psychiatrists in the states of NY and NJ. Again, I would highly recommend him. I am looking forward to my next visit with him.
A compassionate young physician very Smart quiet great sense of humor makes feel comfortable well like by his patients and people that he works with his primary concerns is his patients are his priority he works and helps his community has his private office works in a high school kids and nursing home patients with Alzheimer's patients in ny its work work work to heal the people of all colors faiths and nationalities
Dr. Thomas Damato accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas Damato Md, 1269 Kennedy Blvd, Bayonne, NJ
Dr. Thomas Damato is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bayonne, NJ.