Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Pulmonary Hypertension Facts about pulmonary hypertension, including the causes and symptoms.
- Thromboembolism Facts about thromboembolism, including causes, symptoms, and risks.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas D'Amico
Dr. Thomas D'Amico, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danville, VA, with other offices in Durham, NC and Durham, NC . He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery. Dr. D'Amico is affiliated with Duke University Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital and Rex Healthcare Inc.. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas D'Amico has the following 1 specialty
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Brain Death
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrectomy (Stomach Removal)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Transplantation
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
His skills and manner are sensational, but the multi hour consistent waits are disgraceful!
Dr. D'Amico is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Duke University Hospital
Duke Raleigh Hospital
Rex Healthcare Inc.
Durham Regional Hospital
Duke University Hospital
26 Years Experience
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Thomas D'Amico accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas D'Amico in this video.
Dr. Thomas D'Amico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, VA.