Dr. Thomas Darrell Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Darrell?

Moved Quickly and judiciously

Posted on January 31st, 2013

Dr. Darrell has been my family's doctor for about 25 years and we have always found him to be professional and caring. 2 years ago I had a severe headache and was able to get a quick appointment with Dr. Darrell. He made an initial diagnosis and decided that an additional test was warranted. His staff made the appointment at a nearby facility, the test were performed and Dr. Darrell made the prognosis that same day of the initial appointment. Additionally, he then arranged for me to see a renown brain surgeon and oncology team at a nationally recognized hospital for cancer treatment and research. The surgery and treatment process began 10 days later. I and many of the health professionals I have encountered in this process are convinced that the speed of Dr. Darrell's actions and prognosis were foundational to my being alive today. I will always be grateful to him and his wonderful staff for the crucial role they played in the early stages of this life-changing event.

Great doctor and practice

Posted on September 20th, 2012

After my doctor went into a more expensive, private practice I needed to find a doctor closer to my home and work. Dr. Darrell and his staff came highly recommended by my co-workers. I have not been disappointed!

Condescending and Uncaring

Posted on September 13th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Darrell for a few years now, since the swine flu outbreak a few years ago. The first visit I had with him was fine, so I decided I'd keep him as my family doctor. I've seen him 3 times since the initial visit (over the last 3 years) and I have definitely not been pleased with his demeanor. He treats me as if I'm paranoid any time I have a problem, and has been downright rude to me the past two visits. My wife went to him after she contracted poison ivy from our back yard, and he diagnosed it as chiggers and told her it'd go away after a few days. Heck, I even diagnosed that one right the first day! She went for a treatment and relief, he sends her home with a misdiagnosis! The man won't get any more of my business, and I strongly urge anyone else considering him for treatment to turn away.

Do not choose this doctor

Posted on January 17th, 2012

Dr. Darrell and his practice are a great example of what's wrong with healthcare. They take the minimal time possible with each patient (often 5 mins or less). Dr. Darrell has no bedside manner to speak of and displays no compassion or concern for his patients whatsoever. If you are looking for a family physician choose someone else.

Posted on October 13th, 2011

Most thorough and professional-cautious approach. Wouldn't go anywhere else!

Posted on July 23rd, 2011

He is upfront and tells you exactly what is going on with your health concerns. Excellent medical staff too

I like Dr. Darrell

Posted on April 13th, 2011

Dr. Dasrell is a no-nonsence medical professional which is comforting. I have been seeing him for several years and he has always listened to my concerns and given good medical care. I trust him b/c he is straightforward. I give Dr. Darrell kudos for being a great professional.

Very Rude!!

Posted on December 3rd, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Darrell's associate, Dr DeVente, for 9 years. I had developed a sinus infection over the weekend and called to make an appointment with Dr DeVente, but he was not in so they put me with Dr Darrell. He was not friendly in the appointment but I didnt care, as long as I got antibiotics to clear up my sinus infection. However as the week went on I developed a painful reaction to the meds and they were not helping my sinuses, so Friday MORNING I called to have them switch the antibiotics. I received a call from his nurse 1.5 hours later, and she said she would talk to him and call me back. I had to call at 3:40 to make sure I wasn't forgotten about, and the receptionist reassured me that I would get a call back. At 5:10 the nurse called, at which time I could not answer because I was in the bathroom, but she did leave a message letting me know that she did call and for me to call her back MONDAY. I was expected to go the entire weekend in pain from a medicine that wasnt even helping the problem it was prescribed for. I immediately called back and got the message that they were closed, but I left a message for the dr on call who happened to be Darrell. He called me back 30 minutes later and was VERY RUDE. I have never been talked to or treated that poorly by a doctor. He made it sound like it was MY FAULT for not being able to answer the phone 7.5 hours after I called the firdt time. He also didnt believe that the antibiotic was causing the side effects or that it wasnt clearing up the sinus infection. His whole tone was degrading and cold. I am so upset that I am no longer going to be a patient at the clinic at all. I refuse to put a dime in that man's pocket. I will miss the great care I received from Dr DeVente but I cannot forgive that kind of treatment. I cried for an hour his phone call, it was THAT bad!!!

Pretty good doctor but not at all likable (Darrell)

Posted on November 3rd, 2010

I don't understand the high rating he has. He has a terrible bedside manner, at least with women. I go to him and I know several other women who do. I do trust his medical knowledge, but as far as his caring about people . . . he would make a better veterinarian.

Posted on August 20th, 2010

Caring staff and usually short wait time.

Posted on March 7th, 2010

Staff, doctors and nurses have always been courteous to me and always professional. Never had anything to complain about with my service. I think they are great....and I'm not a big fan of doctors! Compared to other offices I've been to....I rate them excellent.

Posted on October 4th, 2017