Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas E Deblois has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Thomas E Deblois has the following 12 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. Thomas E Deblois has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas E Deblois is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I'm not sure if this website is an appropriate one since Dr. DeBlois hasn't practiced in Oregon for some time and I am under his care in San Diego. I'm so surprised that the only other reviewer on this site was so negative toward him. Unfortunately, I have had to have the help of professionals like Dr. DeBlois for several years now and, by far, Dr. DeBlois has demonstrated a level of care, patient advocacy, and concern that I have NEVER experienced with any other psychiatrist. I only went to him for medication management, but found proactive support that can be described as simply amazing. For the first time in over two decades, I can grasp the idea that my own efforts can contribute to a fuller and more gratifying life. Dr. DeBlois is nothing less than exceptional and a true gift to anyone willing to do the introspection and hard work required for a productive existence. He's cutting edge, caring, and very honest.
Beware of Dr. Deblois or any Naval Medical San Diego doctors. He is careless and attacks patients with none sense. We wasted our time at the Child Guidance clinic. Their staff in incompetent. If you have Tricare prime don't waste your time you can go to a civilian doctor. Deblois is just an open pharmacy and lacks professionalism.
United States Naval Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNaval Medical Center San Diego - Balboa, 34800 Bob Wilson Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Thomas E Deblois is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.