More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas P Dovidio Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 11
I went to McHenry Community Health Center because my moms insurance didn't go through. I am 17 years old and have been seeing a regular doctor since I was 10. I went here and they give me a Pediatrician and they make my mother go in with me. This doctor seemed to try to rush me out of the office and didn't believe me when I said they make melatonin in 10mg. The main reason I went was because I have terrible insomnia and have tried everything over the counter. He told me to try things that I told him I have already tried and would not listen to a word I said. Overall terrible experience. My mother was less than thrilled as well.
Dr. Dovidio has been nothing but excellent. He always asks many questions and even figured out that my son has a reflux problem before I even realized anything was wrong! He offers great professional advice on not just medical issues but also things like what the baby can play with and when is best to put him in his own room. He gives all the answers without me even having to ask the questions.
I had to take my child to see him because my normal pediatrician was booked and Dr. Dovidio was new to the office and had openings. I was not impressed with his bedside manor or his abilities in the least. He was very careless in his diagnosis and rushed us out of the office, only to come back to my regular dr. a week later and find a rather significant issue Dr. Dovidio completely missed.
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Dr. Thomas P Dovidio Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas P Dovidio Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elgin, IL.