Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Dubose Jr
Dr. Thomas Dubose Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC, with other offices in Winston Salem, NC and Greensboro, NC . He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dubose is affiliated with Davie County Hospital, North Carolina Baptist Hospitals and North Carolina Baptist Hospitals. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Dubose Jr has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I felt like I was in heaven after the experiences I've had with various specialists in Greensboro. I was so impressed with the amount of time I was given to describe what's been going on over the last few months. The doctor was even waiting for me because check in took longer than expected! Even though many issues I'm dealing with are possibly outside of the nephrology specialty, both the resident and Dr. Dubose demonstrated genuine concern; took me seriously, stayed engaged, and had ideas to pursue as we proceed. Without prompting, their attitude was one of collaboration with my general practitioner. I was exceedingly impressed with the total experience and while I love my GP in GSO, I don't think I'll see another specialist outside of WFB hospital if I can help it!! Highly recommended.
Dr. Dubose is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Davie County Hospital
North Carolina Baptist Hospitals
North Carolina Baptist Hospitals
University of Kansas Medical Center
43 Years Experience
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Thomas Dubose Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Dubose Jr in this video.
Dr. Thomas Dubose Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.