Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas E Jackson MD
Dr. Thomas E Jackson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas E Jackson has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Thomas E Jackson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Excellent Doctor and Staff. Very well run office.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Jackson - Posted on June 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Jackson - Posted on November 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Jackson - Posted on November 3rd, 2015
I set up a consultation with Dr. Jackson as I am preparing for surgery. When I entered the office I was immediately greeted by signs of who Dr. Jackson will not treat(overweight, smokers) as well as instructions not to call the office for blood test results. Even though I set up the apt a week in advance, I was asked to contact my insurance company before I was allowed to see the doctor to make sure I was covered(I was). Once I was able to see Dr Jackson, of a 45 minute consultation, 30 minutes was spent on my insurance..is this through the affordable care act(no), this insurance is no better than medicare(really? $2000/month Horizon BCBS?), if you had a better policy they would approve your surgery, on and on. This was a horrible experience. It is doctors like Dr. Jackson that make me not want to go to a doctor for years.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Jackson - Posted on July 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Jackson - Posted on September 26th, 2011
Dr. Jackson is a great listener and takes the time to discuss a diagnosis and possible treatments and actually take your concerns into account. He's probably one of the best gp's I've been to. However, it's frustrating that he doesn't have an MA or nurse on staff to help - he's the person taking patients from the waiting room to patient rooms, doing vitals, etc... His staff is unpleasant... But his bedside manner makes it worth it.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Sisters Charity Healthcare System
Dr. Thomas E Jackson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTHOMAS E JACKSON MD, 47 Maple St Ste 205, Summit, NJ
Dr. Thomas E Jackson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Summit, NJ.