More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas E Phelps
Dr. Thomas E Phelps, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chesterland, OH. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Phelps is affiliated with University Hospital Geauga Medical Center and Uh Cleveland Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas E Phelps has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Thomas E Phelps has the following 6 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Adolescent Medicine
Dr. Thomas E Phelps is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
CONDONING ELDER ASSAULT/ABUSE BY YOUR FELLOW PHYSICIAN AT THE CLEVELAND CLINIC
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Phelps - Posted on October 10th, 2018
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE YOU WOULD EVEN CONSIDER SUCH A MAN? THE COMPANY YOU KEEP. CONTACT OMBUDSMAN(S) TANESHA MOSS AND BECKY STREEM...THEY WILL FILL YOU IN.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Phelps - Posted on November 8th, 2015
I wish he treated adults!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas E Phelps - Posted on May 2nd, 2011
Dr Phelps is the kindest, most compassionate, knowledgeable doctor I have ever encountered. He doesn't make me feel like an idiot or have a superior attitude that a lot of doctors have. My kids ADORE him and he has always treated them and myself with respect. He actually LISTENS when we talk with him and he truly cares about his patients. He has (on several occasions) called us on his day off just to check on my sons if they had been sick or injured. I wish all doctors were just like him.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Phelps is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Thomas E Phelps Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCLEVELAND CLINIC PEDIATRICS, 8254 Mayfield Rd Ste 1, Chesterland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas E Phelps, MD - Pediatrics in Chesterland, OH, in this video.
Dr. Thomas E Phelps is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chesterland, OH.