Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas B Edel
Dr. Thomas B Edel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH, with another office in Avon, OH. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Edel is affiliated with Mercy Regional Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hospital For Rehabilitation and Uh Parma Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas B Edel has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas B Edel has the following 26 expertise
- Pacemaker Implantation
- High Cholesterol
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Catheter Ablation
- Heart Diseases
- Electric Countershock (Cardioversion)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Sudden Cardiac Death
- Long QT Syndrome (Long QT Interval Syndrome)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Unstable Angina
- Holter monitoring
- Heart Failure
Dr. Thomas B Edel is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas B Edel - Posted on February 7th, 2011
I would not go to anyone else. He should be cloned. When the surgery staff worships the ground he walks on as well as his office staff what else can you say. He is confident, caring and loves what he does. I am a young woman and my options weren't that great till I found him and he gave me confidence in having a normal future...drug free! I would wait a week to see this man.
Dr. Edel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas B Edel, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Cleveland, OH, in this video.
Dr. Thomas B Edel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.