Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas F Johnson MD
Dr. Thomas F Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Andover, MA. He has 53 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas F Johnson has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas F Johnson has the following 15 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Occupational Dermatitis
- Weight Loss
Dr. Thomas F Johnson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Best doctor and staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Johnson - Posted on December 13th, 2018
For many years I had only routine visits that were handled by his knowledgeable and caring staff of nurse practitioners. I always liked that I could book an appointment for the next day. However, when I became sick with a difficult illness Dr. Johnson himself took a personal interest and showed himself to be extremely knowledgeable way beyond his allergy specialty. He didn’t have reservations to perform many necessary tests and then set me up with the specialists I needed. His office has much of the equipment, x-ray, CT scan, bone density machine, and blood drawing facility, so you don’t have to go to another place for these tests. Like others have complained, he does get backed up at times. I’m sure that that is because someone else is receiving extra attention that wasn’t scheduled. Today in his office, that was me. If you are concerned about waiting, then book an appointment early in the morning.
Don't go here.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Johnson - Posted on June 1st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Johnson - Posted on May 25th, 2016
Would not recommend this practice..
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Johnson - Posted on May 10th, 2016
I was a patient of Dr. Johnson for more than 5 years. I kept wanting to find a new primary care doctor but because he was both an allergist and primary doctor I stayed out of convenience. I think in the 5 years I saw him once but saw a multitude of support staff. He has a revolving staff of NP's and RN's. There are more medical assistants in there than anything else. The office staff is down right rude and mean there is no other way of saying it. After one particularly tough visit which ended with me being told after waiting an hour and a half in a room that I would need to go to the ER, I complained to the doctor personally at my next visit but nothing has changed. At my annual physical I was sent out into the hallway with a cup and told to walk through the waiting room with a urine sample. No bag or any type of privacy was provided. I have had to constantly call in for test results only to be sent to voicemails never to have calls returned. I would not recommend this practice to anyone and have since left the practice.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas F Johnson - Posted on January 28th, 2016
53 Years Experience
- Univ Of Toronto Faculty Of Medicine Toronto
St Vincent Hospital
Dr. Thomas F Johnson Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNEW ENGLAND ALLERGY & IMMUNOLOGY, 555 Turnpike St Ste 31, North Andover, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas F Johnson, MD - Internal Medicine in North Andover, MA, in this video.
Dr. Thomas F Johnson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Andover, MA.