Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas F Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Food Allergies
Showing 3 of 3
We went to this Dr. Thomas Smith 2 times after going to son's pediatrician and son still has chronic/constant cough. We want to try acupuncture but need a licensed physician referral by Humana so we can file for insurance. Dr. Smith turned us down and all he really needed to do was write that we could try acupuncture because his diagnosis/treatment has not worked. Furthermore, my son has had so much meds prescribed in the last month and a half and there is no change in his condition. The pediatrician prescribed antibiotics (1wk) and oral steroids (1wk) along with daily xopenex/advair/nasonex. His coughing did not end and he kept getting sent to school nurse who measured oxygen levels which turned out normal. We decided to go to a "specialist" Dr. Smith. There was a breathing test before and after he was nebulized. Then more oral steroid was prescribed at higher dosage (1wk) and pulmicort was prescribed. We went back 3 wks after to Dr. Smith and son still has the same condition; so he got the recommeded chest xray which they said was normal. We now want to try acupuncture and herbs. Our insurance company wants a licensed physician to do a referral so I asked Dr. Smith and he said no.
44 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Thomas F Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas F Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Lake Hills, TX.