Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas M Fame has 2 locations
1505 Franklin Rd SW
Roanoke, VA 24016
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas M Fame has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Thomas M Fame has the following 14 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergies
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas M Fame - Posted on April 30th, 2018
I have been going to Dr. Fame for almost 20 years for asthma/allergy treatment and would not go anywhere else. He is knowledgeable, answers all questions and never in a hurry to leave the room. I had year round allergies that led to asthma when I first came to him. For the past 10+ years I have been on maintenance shots and even allergy season doesn't bother me. It is easy to get in to see him for treatment should a problem arise.He is genuinely concerned for his patients.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas M Fame - Posted on March 20th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas M Fame - Posted on July 2nd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas M Fame - Posted on April 28th, 2015
Busted my tail make it in for one of the two shots I need for the week, worked late yesterday and today. Got to the office a few minutes before 7:00. Where I the received a sarcastic, arrogant attitude. The kicker was the good doctor fame was standing beside them listening and said nothing. WOW, I guess it must be nice to know you don't need be respectable to your customer.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Fame is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
National Jewish Health
Dr. Thomas M Fame Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas M Fame, MD - Allergy and Immunology in Roanoke, VA, in this video.
Dr. Thomas M Fame is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.