Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas W Ficho
Dr. Thomas W Ficho, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glenview, IL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ficho is affiliated with Northshore Skokie Hospital and NorthShore Evanston Hospital. Dr. Ficho has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas W Ficho has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Preventive Medicine
- Cholesterol Management
- Bone Densitometry
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I called looking for information on the doctors in this group and to make a new patient appointment. I was treated so badly I decided to keep looking. Dr. Ficho was recommended to me by a friend so I already felt comfortable with this choice, but I did want some general info. Like office hours for each doctor in the group, how long it took to get an appointment ect. I had to keep asking for the same info and was told again and again that this is not how it works. She could not just give me that info. SERIOUSLY! You can not tell me when a doctor is in the office and the first available appointment for a new patient? I was given the website that clearly dose not have that info.
Dr. Ficho is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Thomas W Ficho accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGlen Medical Associates, 2550 Compass Rd Ste C, Glenview, IL
Dr. Thomas W Ficho is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glenview, IL.