Dr. Thomas M Frates Jr Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Thomas M Frates Jr?

A wonderful diagnostician !

I have had back and side pain for two years since my spinal surgery in a major hospital in Boston. I have been to a major hospital In Boston at least 8 times to get shots etc to help with my pain. I never got the right diagnosis. I finally went to Dr Frates and after he took an X-ray , he prescribed exactly the injection in the correct joint, that I needed. I got the injection and he was totally correct! I have been pain free for three weeks for the first time in two years. Thank you Dr Frates!

They only want your money

They only want your money. Not help you get better.

He is very condescending, curt, rude and inconsiderate of the pain the patient is feeling. Seems that he feels that he is above the patient and that he KNOWS what the patient is feeling without providing any consideration. In very blunt terms he is someone that I would not recommend to my worst enemy.

Excellent experience

I have never rated a doctor before but felt I had to contribute here. I have had 3 back surgeries (1st one at 16 years old) and have had many doctors over 58 years. I can honestly tell you Dr. Frates was Professional, polite and very caring. The injection he performed was not unduly painful. You have to expect some pain with a spinal injection. The relief so far has been nothing short of amazing. I didn't realize how much pain I had been in until it was all but gone. I would highly recommend Dr. Frates and the NHSI

Most arrogant doctor I've ever dealt with

Perhaps he was having a bad day but my experience with this doctor was shockingly bad: he didn't listen at all, kept interrupting, was very arrogant and condescending, and, above all, had a diagnosis contrary to 4 other doctors. Beware of other, high, ratings for this guy.

Nice doc - but not skilled at epidural injections

Dr. Frates is very nice and very caring. However, my 2 injections with him were the most painful experiences of my life. I do question his skill in this regard. Go to a pain clinic for the procedure instead.

Very Satisfied

Had no problems what so ever. Dr. Frates has diagnosed several conditions over the years and has addressed them all. Would go back again when needed.

Dr. Frates is EXCELLENT

In NH, I had been to another Physiatrist,(an IME,)who was horrible! Dr. Frates WAS/IS GREAT in ALL ASPECTS!

For someone working at the Spinal Institute...can't understand why he doesn't notice fractures of the spine on an x-ray he's looking at!!

this doctor tried to make me move past my point of pain and when i refused he got upset and told me i was not tring hard enough i do not recomend him