Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas W Frederickson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. F was the hospitalist when my daughter was hospitalized. He never was at her bedside, despite her developing life-threatening complications. He prescribed cough mediciine, over the phone, when shebegan to have a bloody, frothy cough (she was hospitalized with a kidney infection) and never came to assess her condition even as it deteriorated. She was not seen by him or any of his partners for over24 hours, during which time her condition was becoming grave. She develped sepsis and ARDS, and spent days in the ICU. Thankfully she is young, and recovered.Within a couple months of her discharge from the hospital, we received arude call from someone in his office, threatening to send us to collections if we didn't pay the doctor's bill right away. It was a horribly stressful time, and I paid over the phone. I wish I had not paid, and confronted him with his lack of atttention. He was negligent, and didn't care.
23 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1995
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. Thomas W Frederickson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy, 7500 Mercy Rd, Omaha, NE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas W Frederickson in this video.
Dr. Thomas W Frederickson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.