Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas A Gonda Jr
Dr. Thomas A Gonda Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery), Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas A Gonda Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I have tried countless amounts of specialists in the field of Psychiatry that would be interested in helping me as an individual and not based on insurance limitations. I found that Dr. Thomas Gonda Jr. MD has been the doctor I have been looking for! He is very easy to talk to. I didn't find it hard to begin a trusting relationship with him as he makes you feel very comfortable right away and gives you all the time you need to explain your situation no matter how hard it is sometime to express how you feel. I recommend Dr. Gonda if you're looking for a professional that has years of experience and an incredible ability to help you realize what your root problem(s) is/are, and an excellent amount of advice and encouragement to help you on your way to a better life.
31 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Thomas A Gonda Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas A Gonda Jr Md, 3120 Telegraph Ave Ste 2, Berkeley, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas A Gonda Jr in this video.
Dr. Thomas A Gonda Jr is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.