Have you seen Dr. Thomas P Habif?

Best In The Business

I've been seeing Dr. Habif for approx 35 years and his knowledge in dermatology is second to none. He can look at a mole and tell you exactly what it is, and if it is a danger to you. He wrote the book that is used by the Harvard Medical school of dermatology, so what does that say about this fine doctor? He has a dry sense of humor and wit, which was obviously lost on some of the people writing comments, but he'll be my dermatologist until he retires. Never had an issue that he didn't cure. Extremely satisfied!

A Dr. I never forgot

For 4 years I had a very bad skin problem covering my hands and feet. I was 22 yrs old when I saw this Dr. Before, I had been to so many Dermatologist, specialist in Boston and Allergist...and in each category...I saw many. I was young and so unhappy and it was painful. I told Dr. Habif everything and he put me on a cream medication and after 4 years..it was going away...totally gone. No more pain, but after it was gone, I had never had a wart before and now my fingers were covered in them, 33 of them. It took a number of visits to get rid of them all as he removed them all and maybe 20 came back....finally, I just had one. I am 60 now, I still carry the medication he put me on and I use it if I see I'm getting some new marks. When you are at that young age to have that problem...that could have really changed my life...who wants to hold a girls hand when they are covered in warts. Yup, all Drs. know what it isn't, but no one ever knew what it was. I just still have that cream and Dr. helped me to have a wonderful life. Imaging, all this crap on my hands and not a scar. Thank you very much Dr. Habif Phyllis

I had seen Habif for several years for chronic acne. I paid at the desk every time. Once, my copay was $25, and I paid it. Apparently there was some confusion and the copay was actually $35. I tried to make an appointment one day and was told that I had been dropped as a patient. This guy will sever a five year relationship over $10. I hate his guts.

I am deeply impressed by the knowledge and skill of Dr Habif, who is recognized as a leader in his field. He doesn't waste time, but gives me the information and advice I need. He has a wry sense of humor, which appeals to me. I would wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone who needs the services of a dermatologist.

TAKES TOO LONG ............

Rude and incompetent!

Extremely knowledgable

Reviews can be helpful, but on sometimes not so much. Dr. Habif has no doubt failed to cure some people's problems, but he's been excellent for me. He also is one of the foremost experts on dermatology and author of the reference book "Clinical Dermatology, 5th Edition" which my GP and many others rely on as the final word.

This Dr. is senile!

Three visits, no results! Search online discovered in first response it was a simple yeast infection. He prescribed $80 medication which did nothing.Over the counter $11 med cured infetion in four days!! !

Terrible experience

Two visits, $90 prescription and absolutely NO CHANGE! Guess I have a very rare disease. Going to visit another dermatologist.

Dr. Thomas Habif

Dr. Habif's expertise is widely known and has been demonstrated in the treatments I have received from him. I've always been able to get a timely appointment with ease. His receptionist is invariably courteous, an my wait to see the doctor has been minimal. I have very much appreciated the thoroughness of his examinations of my skin to ensure that any problem area is seen and, if necessary, treated. Dr. Habif has a reserved demeanor that is softened by his wry sense of humor.

Followup request for help

Office help (doctors nurse) short curt lousy attitude over the phone.

My ratings on the above points would be the same for every appointment I've ever had with this doctor for many, many years. He is in a class by himself on all points. Not only that, he is recognized nationally as an expert and his publications are used by medical schools, as well as being published in several different languages worldwide.

Horrible experience

I had a horrible experience with this Doctor. I went to see him after I noticed a quickly spreading rash on my torso. I spent a total of 5 minutes in his office after waiting 45, and was dismissed without a clear diagnoses. He had horrible bedside manner, and I would not recommend this doctor to anybody. I am now going on day five with this rash, no diagnosis, no medication, and no clear indication of what caused it or what I should do to prevent it.

Dr. Thomas P Habif is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Portsmouth, NH.