Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Halvorson
Dr. Thomas L Halvorson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coeur D Alene, ID, with another office in Spokane, WA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Halvorson is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital. Dr. Halvorson has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas L Halvorson has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Knee Disorders
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
If I could leave ZERO stars I would. I was referred to him through the VA Hospital fr my knee surgery. He was EXTREMELY rude, not listening to me telling him about my symptoms or anything of that nature. Shunned everything and wrote it off as a "bone bruise". MRI showed a torn ACL, MCL, Lateral Meniscus, PCL, and severe damage to my quad. And this guy recommends ice for a week and thats it. Literally. My fiance tried to interject and he cut her off and yelled at her until she was in tears. and he went racial with his remarks. I am black and my fiance is Native American. the utmost disrespect was showed.
I was referred to Dr. Halverson and left his office frustrated because he dismissed my chronic leg pain and tests supporting a long-term condition. He said he looked at my records and nothing was wrong with me, which seems odd because I had a variety of tests supporting an already-diagnosed condition. I am literally in pain every day and Dr. Halverson did absolutely nothing to help me.
I had suffered from two prior surgeries from another Physician and still had constant knee pain. I saw Dr. Halverson at the suggestion of a friend, underwent the standard office visits and evaluations and was scheduled for a third surgery. I am pleased to say that the third time was a charm. Whish I had the ability to see Dr. Halverson first. It would have save a lot of pain over the years. Thanks Doc for a job well done.
Dr. Halvorson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital
Dr. Thomas L Halvorson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Cross ID PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas L Halvorson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coeur D Alene, ID.