Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas Hejna has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Thomas Hejna MD delivered the first two of my three children and I noticed he deteriorated physically and mentally by the time I went to him for my second pregnancy. He did not know my name either in the delivery room or during in hospital visits. He raised his fees during the 38th week of my second pregnancy. About five months after my daughter was born, an investigative team from the Chicago ABC news team ran a two part expose regarding his patients who were "scared into surgery" by this OB/GYN. He claimed he had found tumors of enormous sizes and other conditions that required "immediate surgeries." Investigators found many of these claims to be false, yet many women did undergo unnecessary surgeries.Results of these charges can be found in Chicago Tribune archived articles in 1982 as well as in the ABC Investigative Reports produced by Doug Longhini. It is now 2017 and Dr. Hejna may have passed on by now but his patients in Arkansas should know that he arrived there from Illinois with the stipulation that he never practice medicine again.
Dr. Hejna is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
River Valley Medical Center
53 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1960
Rush University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Hejna accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas Hejna MD, 27403 N State Highway 27, Dardanelle, AR
Dr. Thomas Hejna is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dardanelle, AR.