Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas M Helton
Dr. Thomas M Helton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Murfreesboro, TN, with another office in Lebanon, TN. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Helton is affiliated with Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital. Dr. Helton has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas M Helton has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 28
What doctor I went in for haven chest pain you would think you would see the doctor...but no I saw an nurse. I have gone there about a 6 times and never seen the doctor. Now when Dr.Polk ran it I always seen him. I guess it is time to go find a new doctor.Oh his staff is rude!!
I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. If any patient is unhappy with their provider in the office they can always schedule with me for their next appointment. Our office does not prevent any patient from seeing from the Physician or any other provider. Also, we have made changes with our staff, and our patients have made many positive comments about our recent additions to the team.
Never experienced a greater lack of professionalism and courtesy within the healthcare industry than when we were (longtime) patients there up to 8 months ago. Dr. Helton himself is very decent, considerate and helpful. It is the go-go-pace, revolving door of pharma reps, and worst of all, office staff lack of help that turned us off and sent us running to a strange new doctor.
Dr Helton is my Family physician seeing everyone in my family from my 4 year old grand-daughter to my 84 year old Mother. He's on top of it! He always takes time to explain everthing and just that little pat on the back he gives you is so comforting. In addition to the great care you get from Dr Helton, his entire staff is always smiling and ready to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. Hooray for the those folks that are still in medicine because they want to make a difference!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Helton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Thomas M Helton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas M Helton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murfreesboro, TN.