2.0

Neutral

Have you seen Thomas Hemmen?

Unimpressed

I was extremely disappointed in this doctor. I will be looking elsewhere for a neurologist.

Extremely poor doctor

Dr. Hemmen spent only 20 minutes with me (complicated case) and literally stood up when I was asking a relevant question and told me that if I had further questions I would have to make a follow-up appt. He gave me incorrect dosing recommendations on a medication that I was taking (a medication that was not woring). Thank goodness I knew not to follow his instructions. Because of my poor experience with him, I sought out a second opinion. The second specialist took me off that medicine all together and correctly diagnosed me. Dr. has an extremely poor bedside manner and did not spend enough time to determine the problem or solution. He appears to be lacking basic knowledge required for his specialty as he did not tell me anything new and even I the patient knew not to follow his recommendations.

I was told there was nothing at all wrong with me. Well it turns out that i had a stroke not even 2 weeks after my appt with him. Not only was i told nothing was wrong because being a young female,I did not meet the criteria for any vascualar issues, that it was a depression issue. I now am being followed by a excellent neurologist and cardiologist