Dr. Thomas D Houts Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Thomas D Houts?

Best physician encounter I've had in decades!

I am suffering from a rare neurologic disorder and have consulted multiple specialists who were ignorant and indifferent. Dr. Houts provided me with more time, information and assistance than all of the other "experts" that I have seen or tried to consult (but who wouldn't even see me.)

WON'T GO BACK

I took my husband to him and I thought he was very rude! Wondered why we had been referred to him? Left with no answers and feeling worse about our situation. He didn't seem to have any compassion and definitly was not a people person. Didn't want to listen to how it really was. I will NEVER go back to him. A waste of time and money!

TERRIBLE DR

This is the worst Dr ever. he would not refill my moms seizure medication because she hadn't been in to see him for her yearly appt becuase we could not get her in due to some obligatons, they would not even refill it for a month until we could get in and the next appt was a week out. she had to go without her medication for a week. He is rude and I'm pretty sure he is drunk when we go in, he argues and never looks you in the eye. I will be finding a new Dr asap

Not shabby

While its true I'd probably prefer a different doctor, this is the one that diagnosed me with seizures when I had my daughter. I saw Dr. Banks at St. Marks as well during this time, who also agreed with the consensus that I had seizure activity unrelated to pregnancy. HOWEVER a couple months later, I was sent up to the University of Utah for a neuro evaluation and they tried to blame it on anxiety. And they claimed that they called St. Marks and St. Marks said they had no MRI for me on file and they keep them for two years. Went back to Dr. Houts, who looked up the MRI, and what the U's Neuro department, and none of it made any sense. SOOOOO Long story short, he's probably not the greatest doctor in the world, but because he's the one who gave me my diagnosis and still maintains I have seizures and not just anxiety, I trust him. He is definitely quiet and reserved, but I appreciate that. I like having a doctor that isn't pushy and forceful, but he's also been proactive.

Shouldn't be a dr.

He was the first neoroligist that diagnosed my epilepsy. Worse Doctor ever. I do not recommend him to anyone. His bedside manner and overall attitude is terrible. Needless to say if you want a real good neoroligist go to Dr. Tawnya Constintino

Friendly and personable. Listened and was able to help me understand my diagnosis.

It is evident that he is intelligent and contemplative regarding diagnosis. I don't believe he listens well. I felt defensive in response to his attitude. I was confused due to my condition and his explanations which were a bit hard to follow and retain. Didn't get my information all right in hospital report. Very businesslike.

I can't believe Mr. Houts is really a Doctor!!! I came away from my appt today so discouraged and feeling worse than when I walked in! He googled my symptoms.... Seriously??? I could have done that!!! He was not able to make eye contact and did not even ask the details of my visit. He was extremely rude and had absolutely no manners! I am a pretty positive person and do not like to complain but I want to save the poor soul who has to endure Me Houts. Please see another Doctor!!!!

Great Doctor

He took his time to thoroughly explain everything and helped me not to panic about a possible MS diagnosis. Very kind, I had multiple bad experiences with other doctors and was horribly stressed out about seeing another one but he assuaged all my fears with his nice demeanor. He took plenty of time on my visit to explain the diagnosis, possible treatments, and even whether I would be able to afford further testing or not. His office staff was extremely friendly and nice too. He does not make great eye contact, but I got the feeling that was more due to shyness than anything else. He is a great doctor and very well informed. I was hesitant to see him because of the negative reviews online, but I needed to be seen immediately and he was able to get me in in a few days. I'm so glad I saw him, one of the best doctors I've ever seen.

Worst experience I've ever had

Dr. Houts was flat out rude and mean to me. Literally yelled at me when I was in the ER with a horrible MS relapse. He refused to acknowledge my MS, ordered a brain only MRI after I'd informed him my lesion were on the cervical spine. He basically accused me of making up having MS. I had been diagnosed for about a year at the point and a dr in his office had been the first to diagnose me. Dr. Houts made an already awful experience even worse. I can 't imagine how he keeps any patients at all.

The wait was long, but sometimes these things happen. His bedside manner was not the greatest, he was nice enough, but not what i would call pleasant. He wasn't mean though, just very business-like, not much of a people-person. He did sit with me and discuss the results of my tests, which surprised me since I had been sent to him for testing by another doctor. I was very grateful and appreciative that he took the time and sat and discussed his findings with me.

I would NEVER RECOMMEND DR. HOUTS to ANYONE!!!!!

POOR BEDSIDE MANNER. NO EYE CONTACT. RUDE AND ARGUMENTATIVE. CONDESCENDING TOWARD PATIENT. DID NOT WANT TO ATTEMPT A PLAN PROPHYLACTIC, JUST PRESCRIBED NARCOTICS. QUESTIONED ALL DOCTORS I HAVE WENT TO REGARDING THEIR KNOWLEDGE. JUST SHY OF WALKING OUT DUE TO THE FEELING OF BEING SO UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!

Dr. Thomas D Houts is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.