Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Burke
Dr. Thomas Burke, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, DE, with other offices in Newark, DE and Dover, DE (and 1 other location). He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Burke is affiliated with Christiana Care Health Services. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Burke has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Skin Cancer
Showing 5 of 49
I would not recommend Dr. Burke. I went to see him because of skin cancer (moles) concerns. I was new patient to him and he spent under 4 minutes with me. He came in shook my hand and said "show me where" and sprayed 2 spots. I believe he should have explained what was going to happen to these spots...if I needed or should come back if "x" happens or doesn't happen. He is in this for the $$$ and only the money. Please let me stress that I love an office that runs on time and I love to get in and out of an office appointment. Having said that...........this was ridiculous. Money hungry Dr. for sure. I will find another doctor to continue my treatments with. Beware.
I've seen Dr. Stroup about 3 times now (first two for a skin cancer screening/follow-up, third for a skin issue I was experiencing) and each time i've seem him, he rushes through everything. He talks incredibly fast, he does not spend much time at all examining whatever you're visiting for, and it really just feels like he's trying to get done with you as quickly as possible. Looking to start seeing a new doctor. I usually don't mind fast talkers, but this just bothers me. How can you really diagnose the issue without taking the time (more than 20 seconds that is) to examining the area in question?
Dr. Burke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christiana Care Health Services
16 Years Experience
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Thomas Burke accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas Burke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.