Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas J Lewis Jr
Dr. Thomas J Lewis Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Nashville, TN. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Lewis is affiliated with Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital. Dr. Lewis has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas J Lewis Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Thomas J Lewis Jr has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Thomas J Lewis Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I've been a patient of Dr. Lewis for 20+ years. He is very professional, courteous and listens to you. Works with you to come up with a solution that works best for you. Always takes care of my needs whether it be test, meds or surgery, but only if needed. He is very sensitive to my feelings and needs. I consider him a friend as well as my Physician.
Dr. Lewis is highly trained and educated. I have been his pt for 17 yrs and have never been disappointed by him, his nurses, or the CMC. I highly recommend that anyone who is looking for a smart, well-trained, and kind gastroenterologist see Dr. Lewis. He works hard and enjoys helping people resolve their medical problems. I know. You will get your money's worth. He personally reports test results to his pts.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Lewis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Lewis Jr in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Lewis Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.